SPSS Programming and Data Management Book
SPSS® Programming and Data Management: A Guide for SPSS® and SAS® Users
What is this book?
The first edition of the book was released by SPSS on January 7th, 2004. Here is the description found on SPSS's site:
SPSS is pleased to announce the availability of "SPSS Programming and Data Management: A Guide for SPSS and SAS Users" written by SPSSX list member, Raynald Levesque, already well known for his practical solutions to complex SPSS programming problems. The book reveals the wealth of functionality beneath the SPSS graphical user interface, with detailed examples of command syntax, the macro facility, scripting, and the new Output Management System. Until now, no other book has focused on these features, and many users have been unaware of the data management power and flexibility available in SPSS. The book also contains a chapter for users familiar with SAS, demonstrating how many common data management tasks are performed in both SAS and SPSS. - SPSS Inc. web-site, January 7th, 2004
Although the first 5 editions (for SPSS 12 to SPSS 16) were available in hard copy, this is no longer the case. Only pdf versions are available for SPSS 17 and newer.
Download Book & Files
- 2nd Edition, updated for SPSS 13. Download: PDF, examples
- 3rd Edition, updated for SPSS 14. Download: PDF. The 3rd edition is substantially different from earlier editions, as 50% of the book is dedicated to the Python integration.
- Updated for SPSS 18. Download: PDF and examples (zip, 12 408 Kb)
- Updated for SPSS 19. Download: PDF and examples (zip, 3 886 Kb)
- Updated for SPSS 20. Download: PDF and examples (zip, 6 884 Kb)
- Programming and Data Management for IBM SPSS Statistics 23: A Guide for IBM SPSS Statistics and SAS Users. Download: PDF
- Programming and Data Management for IBM SPSS Statistics 24: A Guide for IBM SPSS Statistics and SAS Users. Download: ZIP (7 Mb) with book in PDF and examples at developer.ibm.com.