Little SPSS blog: Tips, FAQ, Newbie's Corner
How to Get Help from SPSS Community (resources, informal rules and netiquette)
- How to ask data transformation or automation questions
- How come nobody answered my question?
- Somebody posted a macro but I do not know how to use it
- How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to the SPSSX-L mailing list?
- Where are the archives of the SPSSX-L list and of the SPSS newsgroup?
- Where can I find help on my SPSS problem?
- What does DATA LIST LIST /a b c mean?
Best Practices (timesaving and problem-preventing tips)
- Keep the Log!
- Which type of Output Window should I use?
- Safeguard the initial data file!
- Syntax 1, syntax 2, syntax 3, …
- My Syntax Window toolbar
- Changing data folder each month?
General SPSS FAQ
- What is SPSS?
- Where can I find the formula used by SPSS to calculate statistics XYZ?
- Why is my *.spo file so huge??
- How many variables and cases can SPSS for Windows handle?
- What does SPSS stands for?
- How do I transfer data to/ from SPSS and …
- I need to reference SPSS in an article I am writing, how should I do that?
- How can I show, in the table, categories which have *not* been selected by respondents?
- Transformations pending (what to do with this?)
- When to use
- About INCLUDing files
- How can I apply variable labels and value labels of my old sav file to my new sav file?
- Multi-line comments
- How do I create an index, ID or key variable?
- How do I go about using an alternative syntax editor?