- Welcome to my SPSS pages!
- Purposes of these pages
- Share what you know, learn what you don't!
Support site for the book SPSS Programming and Data Management
I am the author of the above, it is published and distributed by SPSS
Search This Site (or the Web)
Write me what you like on this site, and what you don't. Contribute to the code collection.
(Following are sample FAQ, see the FAQ page for the complete listing)
- How do I calculate age?
- How do I create an ID or key variable(Value of 1 for case 1, 2 for case 2, etc)
- How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to the SPSSX-L mailing list?
- How do I transfer data to/ from SPSS and …
- How many variables and cases can SPSS for windows handle?
- What does SPSS stands for?
- Where are the archives of the SPSSX-L list and of the SPSS newsgroup?
- Where can I find help on my SPSS problem?
- Where can I find the formula used by SPSS to calculate statistics XYZ?
- Why is my *.spo file so huge??
Sample syntaxes are classified along the following categories:
- Area Under the Curve
- Batch Files
- Block Designs
- Bootstrap and random numbers
- Charts and Tables
- Cluster Analysis
- Combinations, Permutations, Interactions
- Concatenate/modify string variables
- Data Editor
- Dates and Time
- Distributions, Confidence Interval
- Export Import
- Factor Analysis
- Flag or Select Cases
- Item Analysis
- Labels, Variable Names and Format
- Matching data files
- Meta Analysis
- Multiple responses
- Parse or Flag Data
- Random Sampling
- Ranking, Largest values, Sorting, Grouping
- Read Write or Create data
- Regression, Repeated Measures
- Remove Characters, Duplicates or Variables
Tip: Search for !ENDDEFINE to find all macros in this site (there are more than 140 macros)
Macros section includes extensive collection of well-done macros developed by Kirill Orlov.
- Common errors and possible solutions
- See the Debugging page for a complete listing
- Which type of Output Window should I use?
- Keep the log!
- How do I start learning syntax?
- What does DATA LIST LIST /a b c mean?
- Pending Transformation
- How come nobody answered my question?
- Somebody posted a macro but I do not know how to use it
- Why can't I just use Excel to do my statistical analysis?
- Safeguard the initial data file!
- Syntax 1, syntax 2, syntax 3...
- My Syntax Window Toolbar
- Changing data folder each month?
- How to ask data transformation or automation question?
- When to use EXECUTE.
- About INCLUDE files
- How can I apply variable labels and value labels of my old sav file to my new sav file ?
- Multi-line comments
- Good general Tutorials
- Specialized Tutorials
- Other Sources of SPSS syntax and scripts
Sites with a have a link to Raynald's SPSS Tools!
Most of these make use of SPSS
This page contains links to other Web sites or documents which refer to this Web site but do not contain, as far as I know, SPSS or statistical related information.